KV-LITE AFFF is Aqueous Film Forming Foam concentrate (AFFF) has characteristic of film forming, due to which flame is rapidly knocked down & sealing of fuel surface is achieved. KV-LITE AFFF is formulated with environmental friendly C6 based Fluorinated surfactants, hydrocarbon surfactants and stabilisers to give best performance and long shelf life. Due to the presence of Fluorinated surfactant, the foam has a positive spreading coefficient on the surface of the fuel, giving fast coverage and thereby helping the fire fighters in saving precious time.
- KV-LITE AFFF is available in 1%, 3 % and 6 % concentrate.
- It can be used with fresh water or seawater.
- It is suitable for application with standard low expansion foam making equipments like in-line inductors, different types of foam branches, foam monitors etc.
- It is recommended for Spill and Large Tank fires.
- It can be used by rapid intervention fire tenders to give highly improved and guaranteed protection against fire risks for inflammable liquids.
- The high foaming characteristics combined with film forming ability makes it an ideal choice as a rapid extinguishing agent for fighting fires particularly of aviation where speed is very essential and critical.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PARAMETERS|
|Appearance||Amber colour||Amber colour||Amber colour|
|pH @ 20 ºC||6.5 - 8.5||6.5 - 8.5||6.5 - 8.5|
|Sp. Gravity @ 20 ºC||1.00 to 1.06||1.00 to 1.03||1.00 to 1.02|
|*Lowest Use Temperature||0 ºC||0 ºC||0 ºC|
|Viscosity @ 20 ºC||Less than 10 cSt||Less than 5 cSt||Less than 5 cSt|
|**Expansion Ratio||≥ 7:1||≥ 7:1||≥ 7:1|
|**Drainage (25 %)||≥ 2 min||≥ 2 min||≥ 2 min|
* Also available in Freeze Protected Type
** Value depends equipment used and system parameters