KV-LITE FFFP is based on proteineous material, which gives good sealing and excellent burn back resistance. The limitation of protein foam regarding slow spreading is overcome by incorporating fluorinated surfactant in the formulation; spreading is improved without affecting foam stability. KV-LITE FFFP is formulated with hydrolysed protein, fluoro chemicals, metal salts, special stabilizers and preservatives to give the best performance and satisfactory storage.
It is highly reliable, cost effective and efficient fire extinguishing agent which gives rapid extinguishment, high resistance to heat and fuel pick- up. KV-LITE FFFP is suitable for fighting fires of non-polar, flammable solvents.
- KV-LITE FFFP is available as 3 % and 6 % foam concentrate
- It can be used with fresh water as well as seawater.
- It can be applied with the help of all types of nozzles, inductors, foam chambers etc.
- It is recommended for use as stated in NFPA 11, 16,403 & 409.
- An ideal choice for sub-surface application as it has very high resistance to the fuel pick up.
- Used for protection of tank farms, oil jetties, refineries and offshore oil platforms.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PARAMETERS|
|Appearance||Dark brown liquid||Dark brown liquid|
|pH @ 20 ºC||6.0 - 7.5||6.0 - 7.5|
|Sp. Gravity @ 20 ºC||1.06 to 1.15||1.06 to 1.12|
|*Freezing Point||-6.7 ºC||-6.7 ºC|
|Viscosity @ 20 ºC||Less than 30 cSt||Less than 30 cSt|
|Sediment||Maximum 0.5%||Maximum 0.5%|
|**Expansion Ratio||≥ 6||≥ 6|
|**Drainage (25 %)||≥ 2 min||≥ 2 min|
* Also available in Freeze Protected Type
** Value depends equipment used and system parameters